Saturday 3 December 2016

Changing the Roof Colour


A Bar Mills kit assembled and ready for use on my W&Q layout. I decided to re-colour the roofing. I originally coloured this roof using Floquil rust, tuscan red and signal red.
I just finished assembling a FOS Scale Model the other day. I really liked how the corrugated roofing turned out so I though I would try it on my Bar Mills model that has been in use for a couple of years on the W&Q. The roofing is a rusty red that really stands out. I think I like it better to blend in to the surroundings...George Dutka

The corrugated roofing first gets a coat of Floquil concrete followed by dabs of rust then dabs of grime. When it was almost dry I gave the whole roof a wash of India ink. The ink really gave it a nice flat and even finish. I really liked how it turned out so I decided to try it once again.
I placed some tape around the edges to keep the sides clean.

The roof is almost done. Some powders will be applied after a wash of India ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment