Sunday 27 March 2016

W&Q Hoppers

The W&Q fleet is seen on my module waiting for pick-up.
Peter and I finished our trio of hoppers awhile ago but it seems to have taken me some time to get this post together. They got a coat of Floquil black followed by a gloss coat. I lost my notes as to what we did for lettering but it was a mix of dry transfers applied to decal paper. It took some digging to come up with what we needed. We picked numbers that fit into the W&Q fleet and used even numbering. The bit of data came from a SR&RL flat car set. The cars then got a coat of PanPastels and Bragdon powders...George Dutka

The weathering is partly completed when I took this photo.

A close up look at the finished fleet.

A look inside my hoppers after the load was cleaned out and repainted. I did add a small amount of Sylvan coal to finish off the hopper bays. Lots of Bragdon was used in the interior along with some of Peter's PanPastels.

End view of my two cars. I added a good amount of rust powders to all the metal works. Those are HO scale Kadee's.
One of my two cars.

Peter's finished hopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment