Saturday 8 February 2014

Bachmann SR&RL Forney

The finished model rests on my work bench before being assigned a run.
 A few years back I purchased a Bachmann undecorated DCC with sound outside frame Forney. I was not sure at first if I wanted a home road or prototype engine. Following a prototype won out and SR&RL #9 was added to my extra small fleet of one.

I began by painting the cab roof Floquil Tuscan red. The lettering was done with CDS dry transfer added to decal sheeting. The numbers are X8G, a gold set. For the lettering I dug into Peter Mumby's stockpile finding some gold lettering that looked right. I then weathered the engine using a light coat of Floquil grimy black followed by a coat of flat finish. I used my available chalk weathering to add some grit and grime to my engine. I then brushed on a coat of white glue in the tender. Woodland Scenic coal was then added. I could not find any available engine-fireman that was appropriate for the 1920-30's so I used the O scale Woodland Scenic set. They look pretty good in the cab...now back to work getting a train ready to roll....George Dutka

I used two Woodland Scenic engine figures for the time being. I want to back date the crew a little at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment